Info on Fedecocagua:
- Fedecocagua: Federacion de Cooperativas Agricolas de Productores de Café de Guatemala (English translation: Federation of Agricultural Cooperatives of Coffee in Guatemala)
- Fedecocagua has 148 cooperatives with 1.32 hectors of land and each family produces in small amounts
- Members of the cooperative receive help maintaining high quality coffee, and helping with any financial difficultires
- The majority of the cooperatives are small farmers of Mayan origin.
- Fedecocagua is a democratically run organization focused on team work and assisting the small farmers.
- Altitude: above 4500 ft
- Varietals: Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon, Catimor
- Grade: Strictly Hard Bean (SHB)
- Process: Fully-Washed
- Drying: Patio sun dried
We focus on roasting our coffees based off of their region and harvest properties. We like to continuously experiment and push the boundaries of lighter roasted profiles while modulating a clean depth and balance through the cup and into the finish.
- This profile we take slightly further out from first crack bringing it a to lighter medium profile that boasts a smooth cocoa and spice quality throughout the cup while allowing a soft citrus quality in it's cooling of the cup.
- Currently we are brewing on V60, Chemex and Siphon. Primarily at a 1:15 ratio.